Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Welcome of Sorts

So it begins...

A co-worker/friend/inspiration guru observed me adding up all the costs associated with my spring to summer to early fall wedding schedule; this blog was her suggestion for an outlet. An outlet to share stories with others who may be experiencing the same emotions associated with an overworked and under-performing wallet. I have more black-out dates than an airline and they all are kept in check through a color wheel of card stock one sheeters (invitations) that tell me where to be, what to wear, and which 70 year old woman to call when I: can't be there, don't know what to wear, or need the bra size for my closest friend.

Of course, I could stop all the madness and self-inflicted pain with simple phrases of rejection: "regretfully, I can not", "I am unavailable", "I am washing my hair that day"... but I would never. They are my friends, my gal pals, and no matter how insignificant I am in the scheme of 'their day', I will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment